Thursday, June 30, 2005

Men are From Mars and Women are From Venus

If they are hitched that is! :-)


Part I
Boy: I will do anything for you

Girl: Really?

Boy: emphatically Of course I will!

Girl: That's cho chweeet. Why don't you take me shopping today?

Boy: Hmm, I am supposed to catch a movie with my friends

Girl: So cancel!

Boy: The tickets are already booked actually and I've promised everyone.

Girl: Ok, what about after the movie?

Boy: Well, we have pizza plans

Girl: Tomorrow?

Boy: Why don't you go with your friend Priya?

Girl bites her lower lips and the conversation ends

Part II
Girl to her friend (not Priya, say Megha) : sniffing I think he wants to break up with me!

Megha: C'mon now, you two are so good together. Why would he do that all of a sudden?

Girl: No, lately he doesn't seem the same. He gives the lamest of excuses to get out of spending time with me.

Megha: Ohhh

Girl: And you know what, I think he is seeing that bitch Priya behind my back.

Megha: You don't say!!! How did you find out?

Girl: He seems to be pulling her into the conversation always and he actually-wants-me-to-go-shopping-with-her - starts to break down

Megha: Oh no! Here take a tissue.

And the conversation continues well into the night

Part III
Boy to friend Arun: Dude let's catch a movie.

Arun: I thought you were meeting with your girl.

Boy: She wanted me to go shopping! I wiggled out of it though.

Arun: How did'ya do that?

Boy: I said we were going for a movie. And I think I scored a point too, I actually remembered her friend's name and asked her to go shopping with her.

Arun: Whoa

Boy: It was easy actually, her friend is hottt!

Exit boy and friend

:-)

Yeah feels good to be single! :-)

12 comments:

littlecow said...

Most certainly true! Good one! Who are you like - Boy, Arun, Girl? Sometimes I wonder if guys themselves are complex - then I realize girls are infinitely more complicated than the most complex of guys. I rest in peace, call up my friend and we yak about evil girls. :-)

Jinguchakka said...

Yeaaah. All the guys who have been to a mall with girls would agree. God, they select, dither, delay and then de-select till the kingdom come. One should be single or married (that way you can refuse point blank, offering to do the kid-sitting instead) to avoid this danger. Being single also has its risks, as I find, your plutonic pals would put you thro' the grind anyway. :-(

janani said...

@littlecow - I am probably the neutral friend! :-) This is just an observation, on how things go awry in a relationship. :-)

@jinguchakka - Girls are expected to linger over shopping. :-) But exceptions exist on both ends. :-) Nice theory about escaping from shopping after marriage - put it into practice and then see if it works :-)

Eroteme said...

That's a funny set of scenes you pull! :-))
I so agree with you. Aaah! The pleasures of being single. ;-)
I gather you are in Hydi too. Interesting. :-)

janani said...

@? - Thank you! :-) I tell people I am happy to be single and they instantly say sour grapes. ;-)
Oooh nice to know a fellow Hyd blogger. :-)

Anonymous said...

i agree 100% with the fact that -
Single == No tension , Relax !!
Aana - u and single .... mmmm ... yengayo idikidhey ;-) !!!! Jus kidding !!!!
Nice and Funny !

Eroteme said...

And Tamil too! This is really interesting. Do we have blogger meets in Hydi? A few places organise Blogger meets and I was wondering whether Hydi ever had one...

janani said...

@subs - cat one day elephant one day! :-)

@? - Surprise!!! :-) Never heard of blogger meets in Hyd actually. I guess a meet could be organised if we have a good number (read 3 or more) :-)

Anonymous said...

heyyy ms.janani....wat madam...g8 to be single is it??? looks like the thing u hv written is full of xperience...:):)???or does it mean its written outta seeing other's xperience???....u cant cheat me......love, H

janani said...

@H - It is derived in the sense I am guessing this happens in most relationships. :-) And no cheating my dear, great to be single. :-)

Anonymous said...

Learn how to quickly create an RSS feeds with our RSS feeder, for high link popularity and ultimately better search engine rankings.

Anonymous said...

Here are some things you can do to help your child develop. Show your child that you care about him/her and that you are dependable. Children who feel loved are more likely to be confident. Your child must believe that, no matter what, someone will look out for him/her. Give your baby or toddler plenty of attention, encouragement, hugs and lap time. Set a good example. Children imitate what ever they see?
Link to my site: child care washington dc